Friday, July 29, 2011

Why I Run...

I'm pretty proud of myself!  I got up out of bed and was out the door at 5:15 for a 2.5 mile run four of the five days this work-week!  Yay..Me!  On Monday, I was bounding to get out there!  I was even awake before the alarm went off!  Couldn't wait to get out and run (Believe me...this kind of attitude does not come around very often - so, please take note of it now.)    This morning, however, I almost had myself talked out of getting up but the battered and fried shrimp I had for supper last night were not letting me live it down.  So, I got up and hit the road....and, immediately my legs felt like they were running through the jell-o shots I made last night for the weekend:)  I persevered and even managed to throw in some speed training.  And, I was sooo happy that I did!

Most mornings, at some point during the run, I will ask myself "Why am I doing this?"  I am almost always rewarded with this at the end of my run and it is the answer to my question...
Beautiful, right? 

There are, of course, other reasons I run...
or
or

But I have also found ways of being good....
Baked Walleye with Wild Rice and mixed vegies...This is such an awesome recipe for baking moist, flavorful fish!  This recipe called for tilapia...I had fresh walleye on hand!  (pssst....the cinnamon really makes it!)

A couple of nights ago, I made Grilled Chicken Vegie Wraps!  Delish!  I started with this...

* cut up grilled chicken
* chopped up romaine lettuce
* thinly sliced green onions
* thin strips of red pepper
* reduced fat Philadelphia Garden Vegetable cream cheese
* flour tortillas

So easy... just spread some of the cream cheese down the center of a tortilla.  Layer up some red pepper, green onions, romaine lettuce and grilled chicken.
And, wrap it up just as tight as you possibly can and enjoy!

Make as many as you want!  I always make extra so I can bring to work for lunch!

And, a find at the grocery store this week! 
Okay, it came out blurry.  But it is a Fiber One 90 Calorie Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownie.  It is seriously soooo gooooood!  My newest favorite thing ever!

Camping this weekend!  Yes, you guessed it...with jell-o shots!...and some relaxing, eating good food and enjoying good friends and family as well! 




No comments:

Post a Comment