Sunday, July 24, 2011

Edge of Glory? Oh...really?

I like a little Lady Gaga as well as the next person and her latest hit, Edge of Glory, really does "have a good beat and it is easy to dance to."  But the Edge of Glory, really?  A couple of days ago the chorus lyrics really got me thinking....

"I'm on the edge of glory
And I'm hanging on a moment of truth
Out on the edge of glory
And I'm hanging on a moment with you"

Are those of us who love Jesus and choose to live our lives serving Him on the edge of glory?  And, what is the truth anyway?  I did a little research, you know, through God's Word and found this in 2 Corinthians 3:18:

"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."

When we stop thinking about what this world has to offer us and start thinking and really understanding what Christ has to offer us, we can be truly transformed into Christ's image.  How does this happen?  Through knowledge!  As it deepens, the Holy Spirit helps us to change.  The gospel shows us the truth about Christ (He died on the cross to pay for our sins so that we may live with Him in Glory forever!) and through learning about Christ's life, we can understand how wonderful God is and what He is really like!

Another Gaga lyric..."I'm on the edge of something final we call life tonight"   Ephesians 2:6 says "And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with grace you have been saved."  That's what I call life and "life to the full!"  And that's what I call the Edge of Glory!

From earlier this week....
I decided I needed to up the work-outs a little since I've gained a couple pounds over vacation and since vacation.  Thursday, I tried the 100 Workout (please forgive the name of the website...it's a great work-out!).  I read the routine over and thought "wow, that doesn't sound too bad!"  Ha!  What was I thinking?  I died....but I got through it all...the next day, however, my muscles were very mad at me:)

Yesterday morning, I tried another work-out.  First I ran a little over 3 miles and then I did the 30-20-10 Workout Circuit.  This one, I was a little more realistic about.  I did not make it all the way through this one mostly because my arms are soooo weak!  I need to build those muscles up a bit!

You may remember that I was making Guacamole & Cumin Chips for a 40th birthday party.  It was a hit and the party was so much fun!  Here's the birthday girl, Ann, (on the right) with her friend, Lindsey!

And with Kris and Kristie...

And, with Kris, Kristie, me and JoAnne!


There were a whole lot more people at the party but leave it to me to forget to keep taking pictures:(  Darnit!  Had so much fun...it was the great start to the weekend!

Happy Sunday night everyone!  Tomorrow we start a whole new week!


No comments:

Post a Comment