Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Vacation: Day 4...What a Work-Out!

This morning started out just as vacation mornings should.  I was up at 7:15, made some coffee, sat down with my computer and read my devotions online.  It was awhile before others were stirring - which is how I like it.  I do love my alone time in the morning!

The morning was soured with news that my niece and her husband had their baby and there were complications.  He was rushed to another hospital where they were better equipped to deal with it.  His pH level was much too low and because of that his internal organs and brain have been damaged.  We don't know to what extent yet. All we can do is wait and pray.  God has a purpose for everything and I know that Mark and Christy are equipped with the faith and strength to raise and love this little boy no matter what.

Later in the morning, Erin and I rented mountain bikes.  Thank you to the rental shop man who pointed us in the direction of a trail that was just our speed.

The McLeod Creek Trail followed -  what else? but the McLeod Creek. It was fairly level ground and wound through some pretty country-side. 
Along the way, there were also iron sculptures - cool!
A view of where we came from!  And, where we had to return....ugh!


Actually, the hardest part of the ride was the road back up the mountain to the resort!  Long and steep!  Yep, we walked the bikes up that road!

A sit in the hot tub helped our aching muscles!  The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing, watching tv, reading and snoozing.....ahhh!  vacation!

For dinner, we all went to Mimi's Cafe in Salt Lake City.  Enjoyed Garlic Shrimp and Chicken Fettucini!   Yum!  And, yes, Molly and I once again shared:)  For dessert, we snarfed down Mimi's Bread Pudding!  (Aaah - Angels Singing!  Heavenly taste!)
Back to the room and more relaxing...
Tomorrow is already Hump Day Wednesday!  The week is going so fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment