Saturday, July 16, 2011

Vacation: Day 7...IKEA, Harry Potter and Cheesecake Factory

As you can tell from the title, yesterday was a very big day!  We left our room in the morning and headed to Salt Lake City, picked up my sister at her home and headed to IKEA!  So excited!  The nearest IKEA to our home in Early is Minneapolis - a four hour drive.  This will be only my second trip to the amazing Swedish wonderland!  It was Erin's first trip and she is now hooked as well!  We both bought lamps!  A table lamp for her dorm room and a floor lamp for my living room!  Can't wait to assemble (hee, hee) and enjoy it!

After IKEA, we caught a quick bite at Arby's (yuck, fast food).  But, we were in a hurry because we had to get to the movie event of the decade!  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2!  We bought our tickets weeks ago and have been waiting in anticipation every since!  The truth finally comes out about my favorite character - Severus Snape!  I always knew that deep down he was good - from the very first book.  When I read the final book, I was sooo happy!  (Not about his demise but about the truth)
Erin loves him too!
The movie was everything we hoped it would be!  And more!  Kerry went with us too and loved it!  A new Harry Potter fan!  I'm a little sad that the whole epic series is over....little Harry is all grown up....but happy that I can enjoy it for years to come on dvd!  I think I'll read all the books again!

And, how do you end a perfect day?  A trip to the Cheesecake Factory, of course!
The wait time to get a table was long....
But we made the best of it....
And, the wait was so worth it!  Chicken Enchiladas for Molly and I and......Ultimate Red Velvet Cake Cheesecake....Oh big Wow!

One piece of Salt Lake City history that Kerry passed along....this is where the very first KFC was!

Bet you didn't know that!

Today we leave for home...sigh...I will probably not write tonight...it will be a huge day of traveling.  All the way across Wyoming (ugh!) and part of Nebraska.  The plan is to end up in Kearney tonight.  Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment