Friday, August 26, 2011

Jimmy Johns!

I lead a sheltered life...

I have never eaten at a Jimmy Johns before!  I have driven by their restaurants and not given them much thought until recently when I read about the love that Dave and Sarah from 1 Cup Awesome have for their sandwiches - the best gourmet sandwiches, I might add! 

Earlier this week, I was fortunate to have to (I know, the drudgery) go to the Iowa Great Lakes to visit one of our college's alumni for work.  After the visit, I searched out a place to have lunch....Jimmy John's!  I thought, "Why not?"   Looking at their menu board, I was struck with "Yes, this IS gourmet!"  Oh, the choices!  I finally settled on #6 - the Vegetarian.  I'll be honest; it was the promise of avocado spread that pulled me in.  However, the sprouts, tomatoes, cucumbers and provolone cheese were ALL good! 
Now whenever I am in the Lakes area, I have to at least drive through Gull Point State Park.  I grew up camping there with my family on the weekends every summer.  As I drove into the park, it was like (once again) coming home...
This is such a beautiful state park and I have always been intrigued and awed by this shelter house that sits on West Lake in the park. It's so rugged and grand and is absolutely gorgeous when decorated for a wedding.  I sat here and ate my Jimmy Johns sandwich:)  A little bit of heaven.

And another new love...
Schwan's Tilapia Loins with a 7 herb/spice packet.....
The package gives several options for using the herb/spice packet but I chose to mix it with olive oil and lemon juice.  Spread it over the loins and bake them up....easy and so yummy!  I served it with Minute Rice Ready to Serve brown & wild rice and some cole slaw...
And score!
My local grocery store does not carry Chobani pineapple Greek yogurt (they carry other flavors but not pineapple and I LOVE pineapple) but I found it yesterday at Target!  Yay - Target!  Thank you!

Have a great weekend everyone!  We are going camping again at Lake View - smile:)






No comments:

Post a Comment